Who is Eligible?
The following pre-requisites are necessary in order to qualify for the HEP program:
- Individuals that are not enrolled in school & lack a high school diploma or GED;
- Individuals that are at least 16 years of age or older;
- The individual or an immediate family member has worked at least 75 days within the last two years in agriculture.
- Agricultural activities may include:
- Activities related to the production of crops, dairy products, poultry, or livestock.
- Activities related to the cultivation or harvesting of trees.
- Activities related to fish farms.
- Due to UNM HEP’s intensive instruction, students are also required to pass the practice exam with a score of 390 or above. This ensures students are at the level necessary to pass the GED within the 4 months’ time of program.